How to: Install dashcam in 4th gen

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LazSlate

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Here’s what ticks me off. My 2023 Timberline has cameras around the entire vehicle. Why in the heck wouldn’t they set up a dashcam using the cameras already on it?

Thought the same thing and the reason is car manufactures do not want to deal with the legal BS. Dashcams laws vary everywhere, could be an invasion of privacy in some circumstances, security issues. The list is endless.

There is ZERO benefit or profit to having factory dashcams and dozens of legal reasons not to even mess with it. Its simply not worth the headaches associated with these for the manufacturers. I agree.

garlicbreath

Reaction score
This was a great write up, and it helped me install my dashcam on my new 2024 Expy. I went with the Redtiger F7N-PLUS with the optional hardwire kit. Took about 3 hours start to finish.

KFordEx8

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

glockmeister

Reaction score
Emailed with the Fitcam people. Camera will work on older models IF your mirror is held on with a screw that would mount the camera. Also, for power, if you have rain sensing wipers you can wire to the mirror with a small "Y" adopter. Otherwise, you would need to run wires to fuse block for power.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire