HP Tuners transmission tuning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BP 09

Reaction score
This is for you HP Tuners guys out there.

Check out this link to download a 10r80 tune I have been working on. The file is a read from my 2018 Expedition with a 10R80 file for the average daily driver that I've been working on for the past few months. Engine on this file is stock, trans only changes.

Shift schedule is really good, nice and spaced out evenly, I used the OSS excel spreadsheet from Cobb to ensure the spacing was good so that the trans doesn't feel too busy. Eager downshifts at highway speeds. No lugging in town. No skip shifting. Base tune is the latest update from ford. A few shift pressure changes and torque converter changes were made as well. I think this is how these should have felt from the factory.

This is a result of several months of testing, some insight from the Tuning School, as well as seeing the inside of many different files from various 10R80 makes, even seeing inside the files of a couple popular tuning companies. FWIW, I have noticed a couple big tuning companies are using the latest Expedition base tune to build their trans tuning on as Ford actually has it dialed in pretty good.

Feel free to check it out. If there are any pros out there who have some feedback, I am all ears.

Last edited:

JeepDad33

Reaction score
Do you know if the expo "max" version have different shift patterns than the regular expo? also, what about the HD Tow package? I have 2020 Expedition Max with HD Tow

OP
OP
B

BP 09

Reaction score
Should be the same scheduling however max tow have 3.73 gears versus my 3.31 so there could be slight differences in overall feel

OP
OP
B

BP 09

Reaction score
Don’t try that file out yet. I’m not quite happy with the 2-3 WOT shift. Will post another thread when I get it dialed in some more

OP
OP
B

BP 09

Reaction score
Alright guys, updated file is on the HPT website, updated my post above if you want to download it and try it.

OP
OP
B

BP 09

Reaction score
I have the tow package with the 3.73 dif. I reset my tranny data in FORScan and it shifts perfect.

This is different, this is a completely different transmission tuning file. Trust me, feels way better than just going in and reseting the adaptives in Forscan. Thats what I used to do too until I discovered custom tuning.

OP
OP
B

BP 09

Reaction score
@LokiWolf would love to have you try out my trans file, as you seem to be as picky and nerdy as I am. lol

Mr Big

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This is different, this is a completely different transmission tuning file. Trust me, feels way better than just going in and reseting the adaptives in Forscan. Thats what I used to do too until I discovered custom tuning.
does it only work for 4x4 and 2018, or is it compatible with all GEN4 transmissions?

OP
OP
B

BP 09

Reaction score
The tables can be copied right over on 2018-2021 Expeditions as well as most 10r80 applications. Doesn’t matter what model or if 4x4 or not. If you have a 2x4 just leave that table alone. I wouldn’t just flash the file though in case there are PCM differences. Just open a compare file and copy over the tables you want to copy over long as the axis are the same values.