I need body lift instructions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeff1998

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Can someone make a copy or scan and email the instructions for a body lift. I want to make my own using urethane bushings and don't want to miss any steps or parts. I see online that they include 5 steel plates with slotted holes. Just wanting to know what these are for and how to install. I can make every part needed just need to know what it is to get dimensions. PM me for my email. Thanks in advance.

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IMO your not going to save yourself much time or money building a body lift... since the BL kits also include the steering extension and shift cable extensions as well as all the extensions for wiring harnesses and fuel tank filler neck... but if you make one and it works post up some pics and info on it I am intrigued...

03ebexpy

Reaction score
Body Lift Instructions:

1. Remove Body Lift kit from original packaging.

2. Find nearest location of proper disposal.

3. Dispose

:D

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Body Lift Instructions:

1. Remove Body Lift kit from original packaging.

2. Find nearest location of proper disposal.

3. Dispose

:D

why do you not like body lifts? they work great. they are for tire clearance. if you do a lot of flexing like i do on some trails a body lift is what i need to clean the 35s i want to get.

03ebexpy

Reaction score
body lifts shouldn't be off-roaded with and they look silly. good luck off-roading with a body lift. hope it doesn't rip through your floor board. haha. sorry but they make a truck look cheap. keep it clean with suspension lifts. :p

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
shouldn't offroad with a BL.... hmm sounds like good advice from someone that probably offroads in parking lots.... and the only way to get ground clearance is to lift the differentials.... which means bigger tires and with minimal lift options for an expedition a BL is a good way to go... coming from someone that has a BL + Suspension + Coil Spacer lift.... so when you can prove that BL don't work stop bashing them since you probably don't know what you are talking about

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
yeah. my uncles jeep has a 4.5" long arm rubicon lift and 3" body lift. i think he has 35s. if not then 37s. and yes bigger axles. body lifts are a great way to add lift at a minimal cost with out completely putting in so much money you could have bought a new truck. if you want a lot of lift you go solid axle with a cradle and some think control arms. you could put 44s on that way. just like that white expo thats mudding around. but that most likely cost him the amount he paid for his truck. o and my neighbors jeep only has a body lift. he has 33s and dose great off road. look up for dyce trail. that trail is harder then the rubicon.

tmajikman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a 4 inch suspension lift, the only thing I do not like about the body lift is the look it gives to the bumpers, I know the gaps can be filled with some type of plastic insert, but I just don't like the look personally, is there a relocation kit that can be purchased, and can it be purchased for a reasonable price?

I would like a little more lift, without the expense of a 6 inch lift, just wondering what my options would be?

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
the 3in body lift relocates the bumpers. talk to tonydiv. he knows more about it.