Issue with Door Seals

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Meeker

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I drove on some gravel roads this past week, and looked around to see where the dust got to. Good news - the interior stayed clean!

However (of course since I wouldn't post otherwise would I :) ) both rear doors have lots of dust right up to the middle interior seal. There's a second seal around the outside edge of the door that appears to not be contacting the door at all (at least on the bottom 1/2 of the door). The seal that is mounted on the door appears to be doing its job perfectly though. Is this something I should mention to the dealership? If this is primarily a sound deadening strip should I expect it to contact the door and prevent dust/water entry into that space?

Thanks in advance for your opinions...

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I’ll check mine and see how it performs. How was the tailgate and the tailgate window? I had a ton of dust inside those areas from gravel road driving.

OP
OP
Meeker

Meeker

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I’ll check mine and see how it performs. How was the tailgate and the tailgate window? I had a ton of dust inside those areas from gravel road driving.
Tailgate window has lots of dust around it - only a single seal there, so not surprising. Not dust got through the seal though.
The tailgate itself had very little dust anywhere around the perimeter, which is surprising as there is only the interior seal.

Boose

2017 Platinum EL
Reaction score
I always thought the outer seal has more to do with wind noise then weatherproofing. The panel gaps get filled with the compressed seal eliminating or at least reducing the whistle.