lightning motor with trans

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
selling for a friend of mine.

Im selling a 5.4 from a 2002 lightning f150. It has less than 30k on it, have receipts stating he paid $4800 dollars less than a few months ago. It was planned to be installed in his hot rod but was too big, so it's up on the chopping block.

$3500 OBO and it comes with everything needed to drop in and go

c6e4d81b-a303-6c4a.jpg

c6e4d81b-a326-c2ae.jpg

located in San Diego. PM me if you want contact info.

it also comes with lightning trans.

Stoned06

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That's a good deal. I think it might be from a Harley Truck as the SC snout does not have "SVT" on it. Doesn't matter as it's the same engine, just an FYI.

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
That's a good deal. I think it might be from a Harley Truck as the SC snout does not have "SVT" on it. Doesn't matter as it's the same engine, just an FYI.

I thought all the harley blowers were painted black but after some research its been said that the 02 harleys were gray with no insignia on the snout so I believe you are correct. Earlier lightnings had Eaton on the snout. Later lightnings had SVT on it.

There is one small difference between a lightning and HD motor and thats the blower pulley itself. It has a larger blower pulley to slow it down and decrease boost and hp. Easily changed of course.. :)

Stoned06

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah, my '02 Harley was gray, and the '03's were black. The HD has 2 lbs less boost than the Lightnings due to a larger blower pulley like you said Tom. Swap the pullies out and get an L tune, and you're good to go.:cool:
But on a non L engine and tranny, the HD setup might be a bit safer with 6 lbs of boost vs the 8lbs of the L.

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
That is a pretty good deal considering there is very little you should need to complete the swap. Heat exchanger and pump, intercooler reservior, fuel pump, custom tune and misc hoses and hardware. Then you have a spare tranny and motor you could sell to recoup some of the cost or keep as backup...lol.

OP
OP
panda24619

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i think it is a harley motor, but same difference. i think hell take 3k for it. so PM me if interested and ill give you the contact info.

tallsville

Full Access Members
Reaction score
damn if i had the money. but then again i couldn't put in my truck cuz of cali law. same year or newer for a different motor. damn cali laws.:gr_guns:

OP
OP
panda24619

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
if i had the money i would put it in! :) but then again i dont think tom would like that very much. haha

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
if i had the money i would put it in! :) but then again i dont think tom would like that very much. haha

Hey.... I am all for more expy/lightnings!! If you were closer I would consider getting it and building another expy/lightning just to sell if I could find an inexpensive expy with a questionable drivetrain.