Low Idle P0113 Error

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rifleman625

Reaction score
99 5.4, just had the throttle body cleaned and a dfpe sensor due to the P01401 error code. I just got the vehicle back last night. It now has what I believe low idle, around 500. The CEL is not on. But it shows a P0113 error. I replaced the IAT sensor due to that error. It didnt help at all. If you put it in gear and give it a little throttle the headlights dim and it wants to stall. This morning I started it up. It dies when you try to put it in gear. Any suggestions on where to start? I was wondering if this was symptoms of a dirty IAC. I looked for any disconnected hoses and couldn't find anything.

docraymund

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Measure the resistance between the 2 pins on the idle air control motor. It should be 7 to 13 ohms.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You may have a battery/ alternator problem. One bad cell on these SUVs can cause all kinds of problems. Load test battery, and have charging/starting system checked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
R

rifleman625

Reaction score
So after driving it around for a while. It does it really bad when it's cold. After it's warmed up not as bad. Also I had it scanned at Autozone even though there is no CEL. It threw a P0402. I'll start reading into that but any tips would be appreciated. Did something go wrong with the TB cleaning?

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Check the connector for the dfpe sensor for corrosion and that it is completely plugged in.
Also check the hoses that connect to the dfpe sensor

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Symptoms
You may notice drivability problems such as the engine may surge off idle. There may also be other symptoms.

Causes
A code P0402 most likely means one or more of the following has happened:

• The DPFE (differential pressure) sensor is faulty and needs to be replaced
  • There is a blockage in the EGR (most likely carbon buildup)
  • The EGR valve is faulty
  • The EGR valve may not be opening due to a lack of vaccuum
Possible Solutions
With a P0402, it is common for people to replace the EGR valve, only to have the problem return. The most likely solution is to replace the DPFE sensor.

• Check the voltage at the DPFE sensor both at idle and when the EGR is open
  • Replace the DPFE sensor
Related EGR codes: P0400, P0401, P0403, P0404, P0405, P0406, P0407, P0408, P0409

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turro15