Navigation DVD for 2008 expedition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gary Waugh

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hi Peeps, I have had my 08 expedition from new, I have the version 13P of the navigation DVD but it’s from 2014. Ford says that 13P is the last version that they sold, they have not supported this navigation system since 2013.. is there another company that is selling more up to date DVDs for the old Ford navigation system? A lot has changed in 6+ years..

thanks for any suggestions

Gary

TXFRDOwner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hi Peeps, I have had my 08 expedition from new, I have the version 13P of the navigation DVD but it’s from 2014. Ford says that 13P is the last version that they sold, they have not supported this navigation system since 2013.. is there another company that is selling more up to date DVDs for the old Ford navigation system? A lot has changed in 6+ years..

thanks for any suggestions

Gary

Go on crutchfield and find you a navigation head unit from Kenwood or Pioneer ... with all the bells and whistles... CarPlay or Android Auto, Bluetooth calls/ Music, video player thru SD card or USB, current up-to-date maps. You won’t regret it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
G

Gary Waugh

Full Access Members
Reaction score
But I like the current system, it links to my phone, the steering wheel controls, the rear entertainment system, etc, anything aftermarket won’t.. just wanted to get up to date maps..

TXFRDOwner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
But I like the current system, it links to my phone, the steering wheel controls, the rear entertainment system, etc, anything aftermarket won’t.. just wanted to get up to date maps..

Things have changed since 2008 Bud. These new aftermarket touchscreen units do it all Bluetooth phone pairing, hands free phone call, RSE retention, and the list goes on. Metra and PAC Audio make steering wheel control adapters for a seamless integration.

Before I sold it, I had an AVIC-8000NEX aftermarket unit in my 07 Eddie Bauer; and I was able to keep all the pertinent OEM features. Look into it.

As far as map updates for the 2008 OEM head unit, Ford is showing 13P as being the last released version.

Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
G

Gary Waugh

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks.. Will look at some of the after market units, but looks like it will cost about $1000 to get the GPS, satellite, Bluetooth adapter and steering wheel control adapter..

espritv8

Reaction score
In the same boat here for a 2010. It's a shame ford dosen't make things easy.

After talking to customer service at my local dealership, they told me they never update nav on older trucks. Too expensive...

Jachniw

Reaction score
Thanks.. Will look at some of the after market units, but looks like it will cost about $1000 to get the GPS, satellite, Bluetooth adapter and steering wheel control adapter..

I'm in the same position (2008 as well). In fact I just "upgraded" my radio with a handsome used NAV unit from E-Bay :). Works great, but the screen and Nav features have that "stuck in 2008" look and feel. No update will help that, unless you drop the money for an entirely new set-up (as suggested). It's all personal choice.

Save your money and use your phone for Nav when you truly need directions.

Good luck which ever way you go!

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm in the same position (2008 as well). In fact I just "upgraded" my radio with a handsome used NAV unit from E-Bay :). Works great, but the screen and Nav features have that "stuck in 2008" look and feel. No update will help that, unless you drop the money for an entirely new set-up (as suggested). It's all personal choice.

Save your money and use your phone for Nav when you truly need directions.

Good luck which ever way you go!
I rarely need directions but my good ol' Garmin with the suction cup works just fine.

OP
OP
G

Gary Waugh

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks Guys, my iPad works great when I need directions, but I was really hoping some aftermarket company was offering updated DVD's for the older ford navigation systems.

Gary