New owners question on lights & door ajar indication

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Andy(SC)

Reaction score
Well, I picked up our "new" '03 Expedition today . . . flew down to Florida and drove it back . . . nice 690 mile drive . . . very comfortable truck.

Now a few questions I hope some other members can answer:

The owners manual did not come with the truck but I have ordered one . . . should be here by Saturday.

1) When I start the truck up, the overhead lights stay on for about 30 seconds or so and then go off . . . is this normal or is something not set right?

2) When I pulled into the garage here in SC, the overhead lights inside and the lights under each mirror stayed on . . . even after a few minutes. I was able to get them to go off by turning the knob for the interior lights to the OFF position but now the lights do not come on when the door is opened . . . . any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Andy

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

Andy(SC)

Reaction score
Will the DOOR AJAR problem cause this?

I also have the DOOR AJAR light staying on all the time . . . . . will this keep the lights on? If so, I guess until I get the DOOR AJAR issue corrected, I go without lights when the doors are opened . . . .

Andy