No more "50%" coupon codes for Advance?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hawkman71

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I recall being able to go online to a site like 'retailmenot.com' and finding 40%-50% coupon codes for Advance Auto. I'd order my parts, pick up in store 10 minutes later. Sweet.

Now, it seems most of the coupon codes are no more - not 40-50 percent anyway. They've got "speedperks" which I believe expire.

Any tips for best savings on car parts?

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Advance knocked them down to 25% awhile ago. You can, however, combine them with Speedperks. American Express does cashback offers for Advance a lot also. Even with all the combined savings though, their prices are so high that I rarely shop there.

Depending on the part, I usually compare prices (with shipping) between eBay, Rockauto (awful customer service, but competitive pricing) and Amazon. 9 times out of 10 I will end up getting the part from one of those places.

zfifty

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I price compare also between local and online stores. Besides my three Expos, my wives 2 rice burners and my college daughters Escape, all of which are at least a decade old, I keep them in business. I have an Advance, O'Reillys, Autozone and NAPA, all within two miles of my shade tree. I like Advance Auto to order online and pickup within 30 minutes at the store. Easy, fast and convenient for the shade tree mechanic. I have found Amazon with free shipping and Fleabay to be the best price on some items. Beware of cheap imitations from China with long ship times.
About Advance Auto, this year they integrated their Speed perks and Advance auto website as one and made changes to the original Speed perks program. Some good some not so much. Biggest change that is not good, it use to be that you got a $20 off coupon for every $100 spent, $10 every $50 spent or $5 every $30. Now it changed to 5% of purchase price of what you buy on any amount. This equates to before, to two $20 coupons on $200 which is now one $10 coupon on $200. They are using a point system now according to purchases and also now have different levels of membership, club, VIP and elite. They also still give promo codes for as much as 30%, but mostly 25%, 20% and lower on your total through the website on your purchases after deducting your coupons. I use Honey extension to find the coupons for me.

OP
OP
hawkman71

hawkman71

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I entered the 25% coupon and discovered that the Motorcraft part (the most expensive in the cart) 'is not elible' for the promotion... of course.

paulmaximul

Reaction score
Finding good deals on car parts can be tricky nowadays, especially with fewer high-value coupon codes available. However, there are still ways to save. Sometimes signing up for rewards programs like "speedperks" can offer decent discounts, even if they expire.

paulmaximul

Reaction score
Finding good deals on car parts can be tricky nowadays, especially with fewer high-value coupon codes available. However, there are still ways to save. Sometimes signing up for rewards programs like "speedperks" can offer decent discounts, even if they expire.
Additionally, consider using couponing apps. These can help you find discounts and deals from various retailers, including Advance Auto. It's all about keeping an eye out for the best offers to make sure you're getting the most bang for your buck when it comes to car repairs and maintenance.