Not just new to Expedition, this is my first Ford.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eric_B

Reaction score
Just picked up an overpriced (hahah) 2018 CPO Limited for the expanding family. I loved my RT Durango, but it did not hold car seats for jack squat.

Now, show me those chrome delete and wheel/tire posts.

Alwaysthinkin

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! Use the search feature and you will have days and days of reading ahead of you. This is my first Ford, Jeep and GM before this, and I'm loving my vehicle. Hope your vehicle works for you and those required car seats... LOL

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
New Expeditions don't seem to be nearly as reliable as the old ones, but they'll still probably outlast a Dodge. :D Welcome!

OP
OP
Eric_B

Eric_B

Reaction score
New Expeditions don't seem to be nearly as reliable as the old ones, but they'll still probably outlast a Dodge. :D Welcome!

I don't trust any vehicles anymore, hence the extended warranty. The piece of mind I'll get for another 6 years is totally worth $2k.

As far as the Dodge, never had an issue other than the too short 2nd row of seats. It was a fun little SUV.

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I don't trust any vehicles anymore, hence the extended warranty. The piece of mind I'll get for another 6 years is totally worth $2k.

As far as the Dodge, never had an issue other than the too short 2nd row of seats. It was a fun little SUV.

if you're going to get a 6-year warranty on a CPO and you had no problems with your Dodge, is it fair to say you don't drive a whole lot? :D

OP
OP
Eric_B

Eric_B

Reaction score
if you're going to get a 6-year warranty on a CPO and you had no problems with your Dodge, is it fair to say you don't drive a whole lot? :D
This is a true statement. Covid, a work injury and my wife leaving the workforce for professional "momming" has really kept the miles off of my vehicles.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Durango are fun, but I found the expy way more comfy in quietness, seat and ride comfort

OP
OP
Eric_B

Eric_B

Reaction score
Durango are fun, but I found the expy way more comfy in quietness, seat and ride comfort
The ride is nice and there is sooo much more room. As far as a quiet ride goes, this Expedition is quite a bit more noisy that the Durango. It was the first thing I noticed when I got the road.

In the end, it's all about that extra room.