PPE aftermarket transmission oil pan

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
R

ROBERT BONNER

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thank you... I did not notice the two different models.

Who will be the first guinea pig?
My pan should be arriving this week. I already have the fluid and filter. I'll let you know how it goes. BTW best price I could find on Motorcraft ULV fluid filter was at Rock.

Hellwig

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Has anyone installed a PPE brand "Heavy-Duty Cast Aluminum" aftermarket transmission oil pan with plug? I'm considering the upgrade and wonder if anyone has already made the upgrade and if you've experienced any installation issues or leaking issues after installation.
Will this aftermarket tranny oil pan void factory warranty? Thank you very much.

OP
OP
R

ROBERT BONNER

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Will this aftermarket tranny oil pan void factory warranty? Thank you very much.
Good question. I plan to retain the old POS plastic pan just in case. It certainly won't change the function of anything other than the ease of making transmission fluid changes; so, from a practical standpoint it won't degrade or hasten the demise of anything in the vehicle.

I plan to keep the truck long after the warranty expiration. If I only planned to keep the truck for 100K, I wouldn't bother with the pan or the changes, I'd just stick someone else with it with a smiley face from the Ford owners manual saying I had done all required maintenance. Knowing full well that the fluid would be shot by that time. My last truck went over 200K and since I live in NC, my intent is for this one to be a fine looking and running truck that hasn't cost me a fortune by the time it rolls 200K.

GixxerJasen

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm still looking to do this. I did contact them via email and they didn't see any reason why the deeper pan shouldn't work on the Expedition, even though it doesn't show a valid application on their website.

kryichek

Reaction score
Finally got the deep pan installed. In the current Texas heat (105) I noticed about a 10 to 12 degree drop on the Highway IMG_9330.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_9328.jpeg
    IMG_9328.jpeg
    156.6 KB · Views: 24

sjwhiteley

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Finally got the deep pan installed. In the current Texas heat (105) I noticed about a 10 to 12 degree drop on the Highway View attachment 78458
I understand getting the fluid level correct could be a pain to get right - the ‘dipstick’ is right under there and needs different amounts depending on the application? Do you have any comment on how you overcame this?