PPE aftermarket transmission oil pan

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kryichek

Reaction score
I understand getting the fluid level correct could be a pain to get right - the ‘dipstick’ is right under there and needs different amounts depending on the application? Do you have any comment on how you overcame this?
Trial and error. We put in about 6 quarts. Warmed it up and then added another two and that seemed to be the right amount. At the end of the day it took 8 quarts

Last edited:

andyak

Reaction score
@kryichek

Did you have to loosen transmission mount bolts to get the new pan to fit (I saw in another thread on a 2018 that the normal capacity pan he had to loosen trani mount and raise to get clearance to get it installed)

Thanks,
Andy

andyak

Reaction score
also, I believe this is the correct part that has enough internal clearance not to hit the pump housing:

After reading this thread: https://www.f150ecoboost.net/threads/warning-ppe-transmission-pans-f150-10r80.87609/page-2

Regards,
Andy

kryichek

Reaction score
@kryichek

Did you have to loosen transmission mount bolts to get the new pan to fit (I saw in another thread on a 2018 that the normal capacity pan he had to loosen trani mount and raise to get clearance to get it installed)

Thanks,
Andy
Yes, we did.

andyak

Reaction score
Did you reuse oem bolts? if so, what torque...

I read this on F150 forum

"
Well this is certainly a fun project. I would have gotten everything done but ran into a snag with the PPE transmission pan install. Stock torque specs for the transmission pan is 106 inch pounds for the studs and 89 inch pounds for the bolts. The PPE instructions said to tighten everything to 18-22 foot pounds.

That is a lot more torque on the flimsy stock bolts so I figured I'd give one a try. When torquing down, it did not feel right and sure enough snapped the bolt at 12 foot pounds."