Probably a Missed Opportunity from Ford

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Boostedbus

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That was very good info. Now I want one and they only made one! Very cool thanks for sharing.

Cyclone

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Like the guy in the video said, it was just lightning parts, if you want one, you can go an build one Surprised no one has done that yet.

My Brother did build a SVT Thunderbird from a '98 model. He is a Ford Parts Mgr and excellent Mechanic, so he knew what to get and how to put it on. He didn't got full SVT, but still ended up with a pretty sweet ride. He ended up selling it to some kid who trashed it. A few years after he sold it, someone was calling to his dealership trying to find parts for it and he got curious asked for the VIN and it was his old car. Not sure were it is today.

He did say that some guy in VA Beach, VA had taken a Lincoln Mark VIII and a T-Bird and made his own SVT T-Bird from that. Using the Marks' Cobra Engine in the T-Bird.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I recently watched a race with the new gen F-150 5.0 against a lightning, or was it a Harley? But the supercharger still couldn’t match the new 5.0 with the 10 speed. These EcoBoosts and 5.0s with the 10 speeds are animals in the new F-150.

Either way these old packages were way ahead of their time. Crazy power.