QuickJack on a MAX

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sjwhiteley

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Has anyone used a QuickJack on the MAX, or even a regular length Expedition? I'm interested in getting one, but the max lift point location appears to be 66", about 6" short of the jack point locations. Can the vehicle be jacked inside those points?

https://www.quickjack.com/

scottdm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Since the Expedition is a body on frame vehicle, it won't damage the frame to jack on the frame 6" from the recommended jack points. The primary issue will be whether the vehicle would be properly balanced. From looking at the quick jack website, they make a model intended for lifting body on frame pickup trucks, so that would seem to be the correct option. Some of the reviews mention that axle droop required larger blocks to get the tires off the ground on pickups due to solid axles, but the Expedition would likely be fine since the droop on the independent suspension is typically less than a solid axle.

Here's a photo from their site of an F150 on the lift.

original.jpg

https://www.quickjack.com/car-lifts/bl-7000ext/

OP
OP
sjwhiteley

sjwhiteley

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Nice. I wasn’t certain about the Expy frame with IRS, and whether they thinned the frame to save weight, except at the jack points. I couldn’t find any warning in the manual about jacking only at those points.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This is really pretty cool, I appreciate you bringing this to my attention. It's a bit pricey but would be nice to have. Which model are you looking at though? The 7000ext or extended platform?

OP
OP
sjwhiteley

sjwhiteley

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This is really pretty cool, I appreciate you bringing this to my attention. It's a bit pricey but would be nice to have. Which model are you looking at though? The 7000ext or extended platform?
I was looking at the 7000SLX. I’d like to use it on my other car which has a max distance of 72” between the tires. There are frame extensions which add an extra 6” to match the EXT. the extra long one, the XLT has a max weight of 6000lbs, which would still work on the MAX.

since I wanted double duty for multiple cars, I was thinking about going with the shorter one.

they aren’t cheap, but the advantage I see is that I can move the jacks around and not have to move the vehicle. May be a small thing, but for me I like that.

scottdm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Looks like a nice option for swapping wheels and doing brakes and suspension work etc. Might need to be careful with power running boards to make sure they are turned off before opening any doors while on the jacks.

os1kne

Reaction score
Agree this is a really nice option. Will look into something like this - would really like something easily adjustable to a variety of vehicles - say an MGB up to an Expedition.

Lou Hamilton

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If I had a garage, I would consider something like this.

However, I live in a historic district and even when taking a garage design that fits a 1910 Carriage House look (but with 10 foot high doors), they denied it.

Which it odd because they approved brand new homes within 3/4 miles of my house, but not a garage which will increase value and looks of a neighborhood.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
They look fairly narrow, but I'm curious how much room is underneath. Meaning it's great for doing brakes and wheels, but what if I'm doing work under it, like exhaust work. Guessing you might have to remove things like skid played first, as this might rest on the frame rails where the skid plates mount? And then how much room you might have between them to work.