Ranch Hand grille guard help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eddie1965

Reaction score
Hello,

I just installed the Ranch Hand Grille guard and it is triggering the center parking sensors. According to Ranch Hand's website, this is not supposed to happen. Have any of you installed this guard on your truck?Did you run into the same issues? Just want to make sure I installed correctly before I call/email Ranch Hand.

My truck is a 2020 Max Limited FX4 and this is the girlle guard:

https://www.ranchhand.com/ggf19hbl1c-2018-2019-fordexpedition-legendgrilleguard-camera.html

Thanks in advance

IMG_0104.jpg

IMG_0106.jpg

IMG_0107.jpg

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
My guess is there might be an optional relocation kit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
OP
Eddie1965

Eddie1965

Reaction score
My guess is there might be an optional relocation kit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Nothing on their website; it says it's compatible with the front parking sensors, adaptive cruise control and camera.

ETC13

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ummm....the bar looks like it is basically right in front of the sensors so how would it not trigger them???

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

Fozzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Looking at different vendors online. They all says it only has a cutout for the front camera. My drop hitch sets of the rear sensors so I bet you would have to move them clear to the front to not set them off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Eddie1965

Eddie1965

Reaction score
This are the specs on the site; only reason I bought the grille was because they claim all sensors work; I'll call the company om Monday.

Capture.PNG

CajunCharles

Reaction score
Says retains, not works with or accommodates or they are still useful. You may have fallen for a technicality (also read as sneaky working).

sanman28

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Call them and complain. Might have to forscan and disable it....if its even possible.

Mommas car

Reaction score
I installed that same grille guard on my 15 Expedition. The is a little play in the mounting before you tighten everything down. What would happen if you rocked it back a bit? It looks like you have a little wiggle room.