Rear Passenger Suspension Sagging

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GA15

Reaction score
The rear passenger suspension is sagging about 1 inch on a 2019 Expedition Max with 17,500 miles. Tires are properly inflated. The sagging is visually noticeable as the car leans to the passenger side. Dealer claims I need a CAM kit which is not covered under warranty (all in quote is $716.98). Dealer says this was covered under the 12 month 12,000 mile alignment warranty and is now out of warranty. Car has the continuously controlled damping (CCD) suspension. Does this sound correct? Thanks for your thoughts.

cgcg

Reaction score
The rear passenger suspension is sagging about 1 inch on a 2019 Expedition Max with 17,500 miles. Tires are properly inflated. The sagging is visually noticeable as the car leans to the passenger side. Dealer claims I need a CAM kit which is not covered under warranty (all in quote is $716.98). Dealer says this was covered under the 12 month 12,000 mile alignment warranty and is now out of warranty. Car has the continuously controlled damping (CCD) suspension. Does this sound correct? Thanks for your thoughts.

Go to another ford dealer, don't tell them about the first encounter and see what they say.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Read the warranty documents that came with the vehicle. Any exclusion (or reduced mileage coverage) will be spelled-out in the documents.

flying68

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Alignment won't cause a visible sagging, your camber would have to be way off to the point of seeing a visible lean in the tire. Sounds like either a broken spring or faulty shock. Could also be a bent suspension part.

st381183

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The OEM shocks are terrible, I’ve been thru three shock in 14000 miles. The dealer is trying to up sell you or cheat you unless you admitted to aiming for potholes to see how high you can bounce the rear end....

edizzle

Full Access Members
Reaction score
that is bull!!! no way. also i have seen no reports for bad CCD shocks. only the regular.

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The OEM shocks are terrible, I’ve been thru three shock in 14000 miles. The dealer is trying to up sell you or cheat you unless you admitted to aiming for potholes to see how high you can bounce the rear end....

He has the premium shocks and CCD, not the bare bones oil shocks....

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Its possible the CCD arm's on one corner could be messed up. Its just a linkage on each shock/strut....

Calidad

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ford just announced a recall for rear suspension something about a part not being properly torqued down and could separate or loosen up causing issue with rear suspension. I wonder if it’s related to your issue?

BTW that dealer is full of BS.