Resetting Moon Roof Instructions Clarification

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BrentDJ

Reaction score
Here are some instructions I found regarding how to reset the moon roof after changing out the motor. Some of the steps are unclear as to timing. If anyone could clarify for me I would be very grateful.

For an existing roof opening panel motor/module:

1. Press and hold the open switch until the roof opening panel glass moves to the full OPEN position.

[It’s not very clear here. Once it’s in full OPEN position – release the switch?]

2. Press and hold the open switch (for approximately 10 seconds) until the roof opening panel glass moves past full OPEN, then back to full OPEN. Quickly release the switch.

[Since a switch can’t be released quickly or slowly, does this actually mean that the switch is released precisely before the panel begins its closing sequence? ] [...and that this step should take about ten seconds?]

3. Press and hold the open switch. The roof opening panel glass will move to full TILT, then back to CLOSED (initialization movements). The initialization movements will start within approximately 3 seconds after the switch is pressed

[He doesn't say at what point in the cycle to release the switch]

4. Release the open switch and test the system for normal operation by carrying out one-touch open to comfort STOP, full OPEN, close from full OPEN to full CLOSE and TILT operations.

[Release the open switch (He's gotta mean “closed” or "pressed" and not "open". But when exactly is the switch released?)]

-----

Thanks to anyone who can clarify the instructions. I'm not getting it after stumbling through it several times. But if the instructions were a bit more clear, it would definitely clear up my problem.