short term rocker panel fix

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

waxclan

Reaction score
2005 Exp with 180,000 mi. Body is solid except 95% of the rocker panels are gone so slip ons have nothing to fasten to. Using 6" aluminum fascia (with the two ribs) I screwed the bottom flange of the fascia to the rib under the cab (where the bottom of the original rocker started) using self drill and tap screws. I did this in two pieces overlapping at the b-pillar. for ease of install. I cut the bottom flange of the fascia to let it fold flat and let that slide in between the b-pillar and running board before screwing. After trimming the top of the old rocker level to good metal I rolled the fascia up and fastened the top of the fascia to the cab (using the same type screws). Once the top was fastened I replaced the screws one by one with pop rivets. As my truck is brown I used the brown fascia and then painted it a matching color.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire