skid plates and body armor.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ZentineZ

Reaction score
Does anybody know where i can buy some body armor and skid plates for the steering box, engine and diff skid plate for my 98 eb? I have found a couple diff but nothing really good.

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
for skid plates make your own... old street signs or diamond plate work great... easiest is to make a skid plate template out of cardboard then trace to metal and cut

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
where do you mount the skid plates? i know on the frame but to where below?

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
my front skid plate is mounted on the top and bottom only.... for the top I have 4 bolts that bolt right to the valance of the front bumper and for the rear I got 2 longer bolts that were the same diameter as the ones for stock skid plate and bolted it there... has held up very well with those mounts

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
o okay. i dont have a stock skid plate so everything is exposed. it didnt really hit me to just now that maybe i should have one. ill see where its soposed to go in the morning during the light. its to dark and cold here. yeah about low 50s and im complaing. haha

nvycrmn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
panda, come on over and you can take a look at mine and where its bolted to give you an idea of how to fab it up.

nvycrmn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
as for body armor, you pretty much have to fab it all up. rock sliders and whatnot.

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
okay ill do that maybe this weekend. got projects up the ass due these last couple weeks. almost done though! WOO! oo yeah forgot im stealing another thread. body armor pretty much has to be all made. bumpers there are a few out there but rock sliders need to be made custom and rear corner guards would need to be made too. there are fiber glass fenders for the front but they look funny on a stock width vehicle.

OP
OP
ZentineZ

ZentineZ

Reaction score
Yea thats what I was thinking, walnuts,, you think you could take a pic of front and back for me just to give me a idea?

Last edited: