Suspension Upgrade - No Air Ride :(

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kythri

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My 2011 Limited was violated by an eighteen-wheeler this past January, and I was lucky to find a nearly identical 2011 Limited to replace it.

One of the few options that the replacement doesn't have that the Wreckspedition did was the air ride suspension.

Are there any recommendations for a conventional suspension upgrade that will soften things out? I want a nice, fluffy, comfortable ride. Looking for recommendations for the perfect springs and shocks/struts for this.

Thanks!

BigOleFordFan

Reaction score
Bummer on the violation thing, I always hate to see a classic vehicle go bye bye that way....

I don't have any recommendations on suspension parts, but I'm sure someone else here will, so good luck with the replacement job....

Personally, I would stick with an air ride system (but NOT the factory one, which aint all that), but that's because I frequently haul a bunch of lumber, concrete mix, retaining wall blocks etc, in addition to a family of 5 full sized adults to & fro....for which fluffy & comfortable won't do very well :)

whtbronco

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The only thing I know of is the Rancho Quicklift struts. They are 9 way adjustable. I replaced the air suspension on my 2004 with these. You can soften the ride dramatically or stiffen it to the point it's harsh. My wife says it goes from Cadillac ride to pickup truck ride. They say it provides 1.25" lift, but I got no front lift. Of the course the rear is lifted now like a typical coil spring rake, the air suspension was level at ride height. I prefer

How much difference does an adjustable rebound/compression strut/shock make. On my 94 Ranger with 35" tires on setting 1(softest) all the way around dump the clutch and the front would rise up, the rear would squat, the tires would bark and it would take off. On setting 5(stiffest back then) the suspension didn't move and the tires would just smoke. That truck also handled better than my buddies stock 94 Ranger. The stiffest rear setting was the best for towing on all 4 trucks I've had Rancho 9000's on. It's the only shock/strut I put on trucks.

Anyway, something to look at least. RockAuto has them for $177 each.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
imjuststeven