Under hood heat shield or insulation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OU sig

Reaction score
Why do we want or need the hood pad? The hood is aluminum so it will dissipate heat well on its own.
we have a new 2023 Limited.

VBreithaupt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Many are reporting not having the foam cover piece on top of the engine as well. Be lucky yours has that! I have a 2022 rental that is missing the cover on engine. Can't wait to see what they cut next because of the strike settlement wage increases.

JJ7686

Reaction score
I haven’t read the entire thread but I am 99% sure the pad is only acoustic insulation. I work for an equipment manufacturer and we sell equipment that produces this material as well as automotive velour carpet, material for the wheel well liners, etc… I wouldn’t worry if it’s missing unless you have excessive engine noise in the cabin which I do not in 2022 stealth non performance.

nema100

Reaction score
I haven’t read the entire thread but I am 99% sure the pad is only acoustic insulation. I work for an equipment manufacturer and we sell equipment that produces this material as well as automotive velour carpet, material for the wheel well liners, etc… I wouldn’t worry if it’s missing unless you have excessive engine noise in the cabin which I do not in 2022 stealth non performance.

I would agree, it is put there to mute engine noise.