What’s your 3rd gen MPG after mods?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eddytheexpy

Reaction score
Hey all, I’ve been slowly making additions to a 2011 limited EL since August which I bought as an adventure vehicle that I can easily sleep in. I’ve since put on a grill guard, 34inch tires and the steel RCI skid plate package, obviously after each one the MPG has slowly dropped since I’m moving more weight. I’m currently clocking ~14.0 MPG but that’s not adjusted for the larger tires so my back of the envelope math says it’s actually 15.2 MPG. Mind you, this is primarily highway driving, since I use it almost solely for camping/climbing trips at least an hour away. I have yet to remember to do a real calculation of that when I fill up and figure how much it’s drinking.

How is everyone else’s fuel mileage looking like and with what mods?

I’m considering doing a dual battery set up but after that I’ll probably be moving around an extra 250 pounds with all the mods not including impacts from the new tires.