What is the top speed you have run your expe?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ignorantmonkey

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just a simple curiosity...I drove it from Mexicali to Tijuana Baja in Mexico and average speed was 75MPH...ran like it was new, but I'm concerned about safety... What is the top speed you have run yours?

2002 Expedition XLT, 65K miles.expe.jpg

Extortion

Reaction score
i have hit 90 mph easy with no problem..
never tried topping it out

Last edited:

Racenut

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I nailed the speed govoner 1 time on the interstate ( had to get to a hospital 60 miles away really quick ) my buddie that was behind me in his mustang said that it toped out at 105mph but it felt like I was only doing 80mph. It was actually really smooth and felt stable but of course mine is only a 2wd and I DO NOT RECOMEND doing this (It was 3am and NO ONE was on the interstate when I did it, other wise I never would have run that fast).

Our posted speed limit here is 75 and I always run 80 have never had any issues. I have even had semi trucks change lanes with no signal before due to someone being on the shoulder and it handles the quick stops like you are on rails ( I have never kicked the anti lock brakes on dry pavment only on wet or icy )

Last edited:

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've hit 100mph even with the 37s and it was recorded on my edge and also my GPS so it was a true 100...lol

tmajikman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
103 According to my Garmin, people in the fast and or passing lane fail miserably in the state of GA, I had to use the slow lane to get around 8 cars, did it with the 35s and a 4 inch lift, handled quite well.

nvycrmn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
in my white 98 i had it just over 100 but on my black one, i think about 95 is the max...

KWT2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
ive hit 95 while passing on a 2 lane according to my gps but the instant mpg read out said 4 mpg cant afford to stay there for too long... this was with the
35's on

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
3 times, once down hill, second racing a saab, and third just because. 105 or 110. what ever the governer speed was. the speedo wouldnt go anymore and the rpms stayed. i saw the mpg move. haha