“Expedition” letters on trunk

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wiscoford

Reaction score
Does anyone know if those letters have pegs / holes in the metal? Or are they just 3M’d on. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_4681.jpeg
    IMG_4681.jpeg
    93.6 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What’s the first thing wife says on her new car… Can we remove the “Expedition” lettering? She thinks it looks weird.

Brings me back to my childhood days of debadging my WRX.

Sooo. Does anyone know if those letters have pegs / holes in the metal? Or are they just 3M’d on. Thanks

I wish that is all I had to worry about in life...............

Hardcase60

Reaction score
I concur with SyndicateZ they are probably 3m'd on. It's most likely been decades since manufactured pinned-on logos/badges or those done by dealerships (before decals). If the wife might feel better about it you could possibly black them out. An inexpensive way is with Tester's model paint and an artist's brush. Simply a thought... Best of luck!

Left Coast Geek

Full Access Members
Reaction score
huh, what year is that? My 2019 has the letters molded into a plastic trim strip.

PXL_20240728_184831049.jpg
(its a stealth, so its black... that whole strip was brushed chrome on the 2019ish non-stealths)

Last edited:

BigOleFordFan

Reaction score
Time to shop for a new wife :)

Like the country guy say:

"My wife says she's gonna leave me if I go huntin or fishin one more time......geesh, I'm sure gonna miss her"

But anyways, even on my slightly older vehicles (2015 & 2017) the badges/letters/trim are 3M'd on, so removing them would probably be difficult and leave some unwanted traces that would be detrimental to the resale/trade-in value later on...

PSA: a few years ago, a friend of mine acquired some of the same 3M double sided tape that they make specifically for the car mfgrs (the real stuff, not the cheap knock-off crap), and used some small strips to adhere his address numbers to his new brick house, just above his mailbox.... after about 5 years of wind, sun, snow, rain, low & high temps etc, we had to use a chemical solvent (Acetone) and a pry bar to get them off to replace them with new ones...

So that would not be doable for a car, just sayin :D

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hdmoney