05 Electrical Nightmare need help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

05Bandit

Reaction score
My 2005 expedition is driving me crazy. Ill list them out and please let me know what your thoughts are on what is happening.

Gauge Cluster message center: This thing will go days being off then reappear like nothing is wrong then go back out. It never stays on for the full day though. Sucks not knowing the miles to empty or mileage.

Back up sensors- While reversing they go off like there is something behind you when there is not. I don't want it to be like the boy that cried wolf and disregard it so i have to get out every single time to ensure there is nothing behind me.

Cigarette Lighter works but the side outlet and the one in front of the passenger seats does not..

Any help yall can give me would be greatly appreciated...Thanks,,

splintrcel

Full Access Members
Reaction score
First off, start with the basics and check your fuses to cover that end. For the back up sensors it seems like either is crap on one of them or one of them is broken and needs replaced.

OP
OP

05Bandit

Reaction score
addition to add

Also on the exp. when you take off and get to between 45-55 mph the motor bogs down and hesitates. if i give it more gas and get over 55 its fine. It doesnt do it all the time but most of the time..

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
for the cigarette lighter...mine went out after 3yrs of ownership brand new...check fuse and if not that its the wiring...had my wiring replaced for it

Stoned06

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I would think the wiring for the 12V power source as I think they are all on a single fuse.
The bogging down sounds like a misfire, so I would check the plug or COPs.
The back-up sensor...probably have one bad sensor that is making it go off. Happened on an Explorer I had.
Gauge cluster probably has a loose connection on it, or a loose solder on one of the boards.

The good news is it sounds easy enough to fix if you have the time to trace wires, etc. I do not believe they are related to a single issue though, just minor things going out at once.