08 or 09 ford expedition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Saracen

Reaction score
Hey guys, I am interested in buying a ford expedition, and I was wondering if you can help me out? I used to own a yukon, but never a Ford before, so I got no sweet clue. There is two ford exp trucks in my year, one is 08,120k kms mileage, nav,heated seats, good condition, 8 seater and its a max. The other one is 09, 80k kms mileage, LTZ, but no nav, less options, not an EL.

Am I better off with the 09, as in mpg, or go for the 08 with more options.
Is there a diff in engine or transmission between the two?

The price of the 09 is cheaper by $4000, but the 08 has a better look since its limited and its got more options, bigger trunk. I mean everything is neg, I havent haggled with the price yet, just test drove the 08.

Any help to make my decision easier, is much appreciated.

dj2big

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Personally I would go for the newer one but ultimately go for the one you really want otherwise you will never be happy ask them to let you test drive it for the weekend. As far as gas it's an expedition they are hungry.

Sent from my iPhone the power of the Jedi

Dib52

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mileage will just about be a wash as the same powertrains are used. If creature comforts are your thing, go 08. The 08 being an EL(Max) may have the 30 gal fuel cell as opposed to the 26 gal on the 09.

colemanwhite123

Reaction score
Just purchased a 2009 Ford Expedition 2 wheel drive. Had it home for a day and the ford accessories transmission broke. The dealer had it for a week and fixed it then it broke again while they test drove it. Had it for a couple more days.

911jason

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Wow... that sounds like a lemon. I'd see about getting money back or equivalent replacement vehicle.