17 expy 3.5 ecoboost hesitation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

krzstruyk

Reaction score
Just replaced plugs and coils (fixed a misfire issue) no codes on forscan now but I still feel a slight hesitation at low rpm accelerated throttle (feels very slight but rough when accelerating in this moment) , happens very sporadically at low rpm under load, any common things to look for without any codes showing up ?

OP
OP
K

krzstruyk

Reaction score
185k, I did throw in the royal purple injector cleaner prior to (not sure if this would do anything) , otherwise ran good before and seems fine after coils and plugs other than this issue not drives well I’m just very picky and feel everything

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I remember your other thread now. So you were having issues, and swapping coils and plugs around. Did that get solved?

Need to know order of operations.

Was it not hesitating after you did coils and plugs, then added the injector cleaner and it started hesitating? Or was it hesitating before you did the Injector cleaner?

The order matters.

Also, I think I asked about gap in the other thread. What gap are you using on the plugs? What fuel do you run? Change stations recently? Big change in temperatures?

OP
OP
K

krzstruyk

Reaction score
I remember your other thread now. So you were having issues, and swapping coils and plugs around. Did that get solved?

Need to know order of operations.

Was it not hesitating after you did coils and plugs, then added the injector cleaner and it started hesitating? Or was it hesitating before you did the Injector cleaner?

The order matters.

Also, I think I asked about gap in the other thread. What gap are you using on the plugs? What fuel do you run? Change stations recently? Big change in temperatures?
I posted an update on the other post but below is a run down
1. Car was running fine just under wot would hesitate / misfire
2. Did a tune up (only plugs)
3. Started to misfire randomly , I thought it was a coil issue , during this time I used the RP injector cleaner so hard to say if this cause anything
4. Ordered 6 new oem coils and 6 new oem plugs (even thought I just did them)
5. I found out the oem plugs I previously ordered were knock or and short by 1/8” which cause the plugs and coils to arc which causes the misfire
6. New plugs and coils no more codes and pulls strong now
7. Only issue now I feel a minor hesitation at lower rpm when giving 65% throttle
8. When I use forscan there are no soft codes for misfires which is puzzling

I used regular grade fuel since 120k-185k no issues , do you think this is an issue with these motors

Gapped the plugs to .028

No big temp changes