1998 Expedition sound system

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bill Gallant

Reaction score
I have a 1998 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer with the Mach sound system. Unfortunately one speaker on the door, and the sub-woofer are blown, I have already removed them.

All I want to do is re-foam these speakers, I am not interested in installing anything other than these speakers. The problem I am having is finding brand of the speakers (who makes them) in order to order the foam surround. I have ordered a couple already and though they are 8" foams, they do not fit.

The speakers have what seem to be a model number, but I've Googled them and cannot find who makes them. The ~model on them is:

Sub-Woofer: Ford F75F-18808-CC (this is an 8" inch sub).
Door Speaker: Ford F65F-18808-AA (this seems to be an 7 3/4 * 5 1/2, depending on where you are measuring)

Can someone tell me who make these speakers, or the real model number.

Regards,
Bill

gixer2000

Retrofit or Bust
Reaction score
You will not find a recone for those speakers. They just aren't worth the time or money. You may find a universal but it womt be factory. They are considered a premium speaker from ford but still very low quality and much better replacement options available.

There are companies that build custom recones but your looking at at least $100 per speaker because its custom if they will even build something for a cheap speaker.

OP
OP
B

Bill Gallant

Reaction score
Thank you very much for the reply. I really do not want to have to change amp at this moment, and I haven't been able to find much information about the sub-woofer (model #). Do you have any low cost recommendation for sub-woofer that will fit and is compatible with the amp. I do have to replace a couple of the speakers in the door and saw these at Amazon, but not sure if they will fit since I've measured the speakers out of the door and they are 5 3/4 X 8". Plus they are three way, I have no idea what the original speakers are (very little information about them).

https://www.amazon.com/Autotek-ATS6...00IVEIDQ0/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

Thanks,
Regards,
Bill

frango

Reaction score
IMG_20181003_173602996.jpg Hi Bill,
In case you're still looking for a replacement, I have the speaker you mentioned, the F65F-18808-AA. It is brand new/unused, old stock. I'm willing to sell and ship it at a reasonable price. Just let me know.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khwolf13