2000 Expedition 4.6

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Billme

Billme

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got the bypass done.. I decided to use 5/8’s 90 deg hose coupling, to keep kinking minimum..
On my idle problem, on cold starts it’s normal for a minute, then it will increase from a normal 1000 to 1300, then on to 1500…. It all started when I changed to a newer EGR solenoid.. .. I just put a new DP signal box in and throttle position sensor..At least have a good signal from positioning sensor..
Going to check voltage at the connection on the solenoid in the morning.. I’m expecting open coil on this, since it started this behavior since installation.. I try to buy ford parts when Rock Auto has them, within reason..
I also rechecked my fuel rail pressure.. It 27 pounds with engine running..About 33 pounds engine off key on..
Something I noticed was the fuel pressure follows the rpm when this strange cycle happens…

OP
OP
Billme

Billme

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The PCM is not even trying to open EGR control.. I noticed it’s dependent on O2 sensor, which is not working…
I’m also afraid my fix on the lower intake has broke loose on the bank 2 side going by the long term fuel figures..
If I have to do a redo, I’ll go with a whole new intake
Manoman

OP
OP
Billme

Billme

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I’m confident it’s not a air leak on the engine.. I put a new throttle sensor and now have a reading that moves..
This problem is probably on the evap system on the fuel tank..I’m going to have to let my local guy look, when and if he ever gets caught up..
This thing cranks up normal, goes to 1200, and soon 1000rpm, then you hear a solenoid click, then it jump to 1500, then to 1100.. it’s perfectly timed intervals, and will gradually lower in rpm’s.. It eventually lands at 750 where it’s supposed to be..
The engine runs perfectly fine and smooth otherwise..
I’m not getting and engine light.. I did get a P1504.. changed out the solenoid, but it still does this ritual.. I did replace the vent valve, and while just after it started I open the gas tank cap, and it had a pretty good vacuum on it, indicating the vent valve was closed during the cycle..
Do you see anything out of whack?IMG_6929.png

Attachments

• IMG_6928.png
    IMG_6928.png
    365.4 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_6927.png
    IMG_6927.png
    336.4 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_6925.png
    IMG_6925.png
    417.1 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_6924.png