2001 Expedition coil issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

clok1966

Reaction score
Got a brand new set of EBAY.. then found i dont have um on my 98 4.6, was going to try list um in the for sale area here. but far short of 50 posts.. anybody reads this give me a shout, I think i paid $68 for the set.. let ya have um for $50 shipped.

Gegecat911

Reaction score
as long as it is not #4 it is not hard to change just need 7mm socket take out bolt only 1 bolt and unplug coil and reinstall new one but number # 4 is hard to get to

khpony

Full Access Members
Reaction score
cop's

clok1966.....if you bought the cop's from globalautomotive I'll buy them. Just let me know and I can pm you my address and paypal info.

CARO'S98EB

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I work on drivability on ford v8s all the time and you can not predict when the coils will fail-new or old. I have had coils only last 2 miles and others have 300k miles on them so if they are not broke dont fix them. I would just carry a small code reader and 2 extra coils and you should be fine.

OP
OP
B

bar422

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks for all the input on this........I have a code reader and will be getting a few extras to keep on hand.