2003 Ford Expedition -Eddie Bauer edition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bconn0331

Reaction score
Hello people
I have a 2003 Ford Expedition Ed Bauer edit. We replaced most of the climate control due to air not circulating on our faces. Replaced AC condenser, compressor, new hoses, a few other things. Im irritated about this. The vehicle has brand new everything and AC is last update.
Anyhow, after replacing the new stuff is still not blowing onto our faces. It blows in the middle and rear rows, which seems to be consistent with the temperature setting. What am I missing here? Is it a blend door actuator or actuator behind the digital controls. I was reading and researching and have confused myself. To further clarify, the air blows cold at your feet up front but sometimes it turns warm when set at 60 degrees. There's also an oil type of smell that blows in the cabin.

Any help would be great.
Appreciate it.

Brendan

S20Workstation4

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sounds like the blend door actuator is becoming faulty. Once the temperature is set, it shouldn't change at all.
Before actuator replacement, have you verified that the A/C low and high side pressures are correct, and that the system is correctly charged?
If the system is just barely low on refrigerant, it can cause the temperature to flip between warm and cool.

Hope this helps,
-Joe

OP
OP
B

bconn0331

Reaction score
Ok. Yes. We refilled the refrigerant but I'm not certain about the low and high side pressures. That's a good look.
I'm bringing it to a local garage because I'm tired of mucking around with this thing. It does seem like an issue with Expeditions overall though from this yr all the way up to 2018's. I read thru a fair amount of feeds and consumer reports. I mean it is 20 yrs old so I'm not surprised. What do you think those repairs or checks will cost?

S20Workstation4

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm not sure about the cost, but just guessing here, probably no more than $100...
I bought my own A/C Gauge set from Amazon for when i did my own repairs; it was less than $50 and 100% worth for a lot of the A/C Repairs i did. (You can also get it from your local auto store)

- Joe