2004 6 disc tuner - harness question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ceighmey

Reaction score
I have a 2004 Eddie bauer with both steering wheel and second row audio/climate controls. I was removing the radio (6 disc CD no NAV) and found 3 different wiring harnesses attched to the back of the head unit. Obviously one harness is the main connection and one of the other two is for steering wheel control, but does anyone know what the 3rd harness is for? I do not have a premium sound package, so no sub-woofer.

Thanks!

2005Expy

Reaction score
I have a 2004 Eddie bauer with both steering wheel and second row audio/climate controls. I was removing the radio (6 disc CD no NAV) and found 3 different wiring harnesses attched to the back of the head unit. Obviously one harness is the main connection and one of the other two is for steering wheel control, but does anyone know what the 3rd harness is for? I do not have a premium sound package, so no sub-woofer.

Thanks!

I just installed a Kenwood DDX514. The other harness you are talking about controls the Disc Changer. Does not have to be hooked back up with an aftermarket unit.