2005 Eibach Pro Kit anyone else have these?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ZeusGT

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I will admit that I've been lingering on this site for quite sometime and the information that I've gathered is a huge help to me. So first off I would like to say thank you for this forum and for all the information that is listed on it.

I would like to take this opportunity and give you guys a little review on the Eibach lowering kit for the 03-06 Expeditions. At first, it was very hard to be able to tell a difference in the ride height and the ride quality was marginal. After about 1k miles and 20 days, the springs settled and you are now able to tell a slight lowering difference at best. I also have the privilege of owning a second 2005 Expy and I wanted to know exactly what the difference in ride height was. So, the front drop was only 1" drop and the rear was only about 7/8 drop. I'm somewhat disappointed in the results especially since the ride quality is TERRIBLE! The Expedition feels very harsh when going over bumps and it has an extremely bouncy ride. All of the suspension components under the Expedition are in perfect working order. My friends look at the Expedition and say "Yeah, I guess if you look hard enough you can tell it was lowered a little bit". Not what one would want to hear after dropping 1200 on struts, springs and labor.

I did change the struts when I had the springs installed. I went with the Monroe Reflex struts (only ones made with the exception of Gabriel or OEM) and figured it would be ok being that advertised drop was 1 7/8 front and 1 1/4 rear (never happened by the way). I know they do not make specific struts for this Expedition when lowering it.

It has gotten so bad now, that I do not want to drive it in fear that I may loose control of the Expedition when I go over several bumps. Yes, it bounces that bad. I was curious if anyone else out there had the Eibach Pro Kit on their Expeditions and if they had any issues out of them.

I'm more than certain that I will be taking these springs off and I will be installing the Rancho Quick lift RS999902/03 kit instead with the My Ride wireless adapter. I'm guessing that these trucks do not like to be lowered and the results in doing so are very obvious. I decided to raise the Expedition and throw a very nice set of 33" under there.

I'm hoping that these will have a much better outcome than the Eibach lowering springs. What do you guys think?

tallsville

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i like the way mine rides with a spacer lift and 33's. as far as your ride quality now it might not be your springs it could be the struts. I've been told when i change out mine to go with kyb struts

OP
OP
Z

ZeusGT

Reaction score
You know, that's exactly what it feels like. I did replace the struts with Monroe and I wonder if that has anything to do with it.

I pretty much just stopped driving it until I get all the parts to do the lift on it. I am going to order the Truxx spacer kit and the Rancho Quick Lift Loaded struts for all 4 corners and call it a day. It's a 2wd and I know that you can install the 4wd struts on the 2wd chassis. I believe that the 4wd struts and springs will give the 2wd an additional 1" lift to the stock 4wd stance and the Rancho Quick Lift Loaded will give it an additional 1" lift so that will be 2" before the spacer kit. The Truxx lift advertised 2 3/4 front and 2" in the rear. I figured this will easily allow for a decent set of 33's.

Hopefully that will all work out well.

Attachments

• IMG_0795.jpg
    IMG_0795.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 387
  • IMG_0802.jpg
    IMG_0802.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 370

rex450se

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you're interested in selling that spring kit when you get it lifted let me know. I'm looking to lower mine. Hopefully I'll have better luck.

Victor

03expyMG

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That's not what I wanted to hear. I was definitely going to do the eibach drop on mine but now I'm at a loss. Bell tech any better??

OP
OP
Z

ZeusGT

Reaction score
@ Victor,

PM where you live and I will see how much it will cost to ship them to you. I will give them to you if you want.

They are still attached to the Monroe struts and I will not be separating them when I take them off. The Monroe struts are brand new, but like it was previously mentioned earlier, I feel that they front springs may have blown them out. The rear springs and struts are perfect.

sgtowing

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Before you ditch the Eibach kit, you might want to think about getting different shocks first. I had an Eibach drop kit on my Chevy Beretta and it rode fine. I know it's it wasn't an Expedition but I cant think there would be that much difference from the same company.

01yellerCobra

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm with the shocks/struts being the issue. Our 06 GT came with Eibachs and rode like crap until we put some Konis on. It made a world of difference in the ride.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

OP
OP
Z

ZeusGT

Reaction score
I totally agree with all of you guys. I believe that the struts I put on there are just not the right ones, but then again they do not make specific struts for a lowering kit on an Expedition... Totally at a loss on that one. I've had eibach springs on my mustangs and can tell you that it was not the same results and that was with the stock struts. I kind of have my heart on lifting it now. That was the original plan, but I thought I would give a lowering kit a try.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought eibach made struts for their lowering kits? Try stillen.com or stillentruck.com

Holy Rollerz Christian Car Club (HRC3) National Member