Air Compressor install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sandbuster

Reaction score
I know most of you will have no interest in installing an air compressor - or a winch for that matter. But my plan is to head out to Hurricane UT next spring - although I'll be taking my Yamaha SXS I still like to have the ability to get my vehicle out of sticky situations when possible. So for that reason I've installed a winch up front and now today an air compressor in the back cargo area. Here are some pics (if anyone is actually interested I can provide answers and source links):

Bettery Terminal.jpgNew bat terminal installed.jpgAir Compressor install.jpgNew Quick disconnect.jpgRear view air compressor.jpg

Ford's battery connector is pretty sad so I replaced it with the one above that easily accommodates many terminal connections. I ran a 6awg cable from the battery with a inline circuit breaker at the battery. I used an open ended ratchet strap to hold the unit in place.

Several months ago I installed a winch up front (that's what old guys do when they get bored) - heres a few pics on that: Oops - I'm limited to five attachments...

ExplorerTom

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you do get stuck in the sand, or you yard sale your SXS, call Matt’s Offroad Recovery.

That’s a giant air compressor. The one in my Explorer is just a compressor and doesn’t have a tank.