2007 oil change help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Muckster

Reaction score
Hi all,

Newbie to the board. After joining one for my wife's car, it was essential to join for mine.

I had never changed oil until recently in my wife's '10 Lexus RX350. I found an awesome step by step with pics to guide me through it. Anybody have anything similar for the 3rd gens? If not, best advice you can give will be well received.

Any reason not to use 0w-20? It has 84,500 miles, currently drives about 30,000/year. Garaged and live in MI.

Captain Morgan

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Welcome!

We have a number of oil related threads with advice on which weights you can use, you can find them with the search. You might even find something for the 3rd gens.

AngryBird

Reaction score
Its pretty straight forward. I'd use whatever Ford recommends for your vehicle. Usually 5w-20. Filter is right on the front of the engine. It has a little ramp below it to keep the oil from dripping onto the front cross member.

OP
OP
M

Muckster

Reaction score
I tried the search and didn't see what I was looking for. Anyhow, I've seen a quick video and I'll say this oil change is even easier than my Lexus experience which needs a couple of specialty tools to remove the oil filter.

Thanks!

GaryH2

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yes, its pretty easy and compared to a car, there's lots of room under there (although not as much as the Gen I Expys).

I use Mobil 1 oil and filter. I know I know, but I'm particular that way. I've foudn the Mobil 1 filters keep the oil noticably cleaner longer than some of the other mass market brands out there.

I also change at 5000 miles with no issues at 120K.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khwolf13