2011 ex police...all the codes HELP!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aircargoo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Naaaaa….what to ROLL DICE….take to DEALER for $200 more or less and let them hookup to there $100,000 computer. Then you’ll know if worth keeping. It’ll cost you more than $200 long run if you keep it.

OP
OP
R

rlkillion

Reaction score
I have a prosumer level scanner. I realized I know someone who was a Ford tech. He gave me the most common causes he saw. He is confident it is one of few things. I will update if any work

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
Something's loose. Intermittent problems usually point to poor connections somewhere. Go over everything, especially anything crimped or cobbled together with those plastic taps.

Look for electrical tape or duct tape.

Check the transmission harness that runs along the manifold by the left oxygen sensor. If the manifold is leaking, it melts the harness.

OP
OP
R

rlkillion

Reaction score
OK I have an update that may…or may not help others in the future. I was told by a former Ford mechanic that the smart junction box( interior fuse box) was a common problem and that MAYBE cleaning all the grounds would help. Cleaned the grounds with no change. However, I noticed two things while doing that. First there was water in the passenger floor board so there is a leak somewhere. Second messing with the box caused things to click etc. Thinking maybe the SJB got wet I cleaned it with electrical cleaner…and the AC panel lit up and AC started working. OK on to something…must be the SJB. Future Son in Law sourced a used one thru his dealership. I downloaded the as built data from Ford and flashed the used SJB with that info using FORSCAN. Things seemed better but not fixed. I could clear all codes except the high voltage value from the fuel pump and the self test failure. Fuel gauge did not work. Go for a drive and after about 2 miles dash would light up like christmas tree and it would go into limp mode. So knowing that the fuel pump code was constant decided to fix that and see what happened. Changed it out…and fuel pump wouldn't power on but fuel gauge now worked. Thought maybe I damaged wires and I knew I damaged the plug getting it off(hardest plug I have ever removed) so ordered a new plug. Swapped it on…no change. Even though I had checked relay before I decided to check relay. Grabbed the fuel pump one out and a random other one to swap it with. Fuel pump came on but PCM went nuts. (I had by chance changed the relay for fuel pump with PCM relay). Swapped that relay with one for secondary fans…PCM stopped throwing codes. Cleared all codes. Have now gone for 2 two mile trips(which always made the problem happen and then limp mode) and one 12 mile round trip. No codes, AC works, radio works, cruise works. 4 things to sort still. Radio display does not work(appears to be a common problem. I have a radio out of a mustang i can swap in and see if that fixes it) Dome light does not work(thinking maybe cops removed bulb or fuse…have not gotten that far yet). Windshield washer pump does not click or do anything. Have to find and fix the leak making the passenger floor wet.

legs

Reaction score
Its been a while since u posted here so you prolly already figured out where your leak is but if not and if you habe a sun roof,try cleaning out the drain tubes for the sun roof. I have a 05 lincoln that had the same issue.