2012 Info Release

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wes1

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Guys, just got off the phone with my salesman at the dealership. He stated that Ford has released to the dealerships the info on the 2012's and the ability to start ordering. From the first info that has been released to them it does NOT appear Fors made many changes at all. The engine options appear to be the same, still the 5.4L. The only change that he saw was that you can now get heated seats on the second row.

I am kinda disappointed by this. Had hoped to see more changes and options. Was wanting some of the new options released on the 2011 F150's. Will let yall know what else I find out.

Also, if we have any Ford employees lurking, please fill in some of the blanks!!

Wes

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
tasca ford is also a dealership...i think...check the vendor section

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
thats lame! i wanted to see an eco boost expo! o well... :( but i tink ford has a stock pile of 5.4s still. so they have to get rid of all those and since the f1s rnt having them then the next best thing is the expos. so hopefully by next year they will have at least new engine options available to us.

KWT2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i don't think we will ever see an eco boost expy

but i did see a new Tauras SHO today

that is one sexy car

SOLISIMO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
KWT is correct. The eco will not touch the expys, its too big and too heavy for it to be economical. I wonder what the sales are for the Expys especially the ELs. I really dont see many on the road. Remember ford axed the Excursion I hope the EL is not next.

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
they most likely will ax the el. but there is still a lot of demand for it. places where theres big people/large familys. like hawaii. haha ive seen a lot of els and the navi version in hawaii.

OP
OP
Wes1

Wes1

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I read that they may ax the Els in either 2013 or 2014. I sure hope that is wrong as my wife, my mom, and my good friends wife all drive ELs. We have all love the room and extra cargo space that the ELs have. Would hate to know I had to cram everything in the back of the standard Expy with the thrid row up!!

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i want one to ensure i can have my 12's and luggage with no probs!!!

jacks3am

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It should be 5.0 base for the regular sized expy with eco or 6.2 optional and for the el 6.2 only since it wont really make a difference in the mileage between the 5.4 and 6.2