2012 Load Leveling opt.- Has it ever changed?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wingrider

Reaction score
I have a 2012 coming and added the load leveling suspension. I had that on my 1999 we purchased new and really liked it.

I'd like to know if it is the same system. I remember the '99 would raise up a inch f/r when in 4WD low and it seemed to settle once you turn the ignition off. The way they say "rear" on the spec makes me wonder if they's so customers will understand, or if it applies to the whole suspension like in the past.

Our '99 gave the ultimate sacrifice when my wife was broadsided. A "distracted" driver blew a stop sign and hit the Expedition in the center/rear left side and spun it around almost 180 degrees- impacting a cement pillar on the back right corner. My wife climbed out of the car without a scratch and one of the reasons why we bought a "big SUV".

I can't wait to have another one.

Thanks in advance for any help.

-Wingrider

Wes1

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Wing,

I have a 2012 as well, but without the load leveling suspension due to the fact that no one makes a lift for it. As far as I know I think its the same system. In all of my research when ordering my '12 I did not find any information on them changing the system.

Good luck with the new rise. Please keep us posted and post some pics when it comes in.

Wes

OP
OP
wingrider

wingrider

Reaction score
Wing,

I have a 2012 as well, but without the load leveling suspension due to the fact that no one makes a lift for it. As far as I know I think its the same system. In all of my research when ordering my '12 I did not find any information on them changing the system.

Good luck with the new rise. Please keep us posted and post some pics when it comes in.

Wes

Thanks for the suggestions and feedback. I don't plan to do much off roading and more towing my GT500 to track days so I guess we will see. I really did like that air system on my '99. I should go find my first dealer sticker and see what they called it. Pics for sure.

DF5.4

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My 07 has the load leveling suspension. It is rear only. The front is coil springs at a fixed height. Airbags in the rear.

Gwen

Reaction score
Those pics are showing up for me and that's a really nice ride! I'm in the process of buying a 2012 and am having a time finding exactly what I want. I'm looking for a King Ranch EL , fully loaded. I can find it all day long in the White Platinum, but I want the Golden Metallic Bronze. All the local dealers keep trying to pass off the white one, but it's just not what I want. I've found one a few states over that has everything I want EXCEPT the load leveling suspension. I've been talks to make an over on it. I'll be driving alot in the mountains..this post has me thinking I might not should settle without that option.