2015 XLT backup camera died

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stilbo

Reaction score
2015 XLT with 122,000 miles.
Backup camera became intermittently inoperable a couple weeks ago and now it’s permanently disabled….
Has anyone experienced same and resolved the problem short of heading to the stealership?
Thanks!

OP
OP
S

stilbo

Reaction score
Just found a few other threads with my aforementioned problem plus two more problems…
This is the first I’ve read anything about the “APIM” which apparently controls Sync, Backup Camera and USB…
So…….
Three weeks ago during a road trip the USB stopped charging voltage output… a couple days later I realized that the SYNC Bluetooth stopped working, and now the Backup Camera has died…
So, having read a bit about this “APIM” I guess I should suspect it as the central problem with all three malfunctions?
Interestingly, I jumped through factory rest hoops for nearly an hour just to get my iPhone paired with SYNC. After what seemed to be a dozen tries I finally got a different response from SYNC that a factory reset had taken place and subsequently I was able to pair my iPhone with SYNC…
So I guess I should suspect that this APIM is the culprit?
Another contributor with a similar problem and thread stated that he was able to use a salvage APIM out of a Fusion…

All things said, with the multitude of Gen 4 problems I’ve seen in this forum I’m happy that so far this has been my only problem other than not getting the EcoBeast into a dealer for the HVAC fan recall.

If anyone can add their ideas and or resolutions I’d appreciate it big time.