Timberline is Surprisingly Capable

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jjscsix

Full Access Members
Reaction score
And the OP will raise hell with Ford when his transmission craps out from driving it in water like that

OP
OP
Lumberjack

Lumberjack

Reaction score
With all of the bad weather we get in S. Florida, what are you finding is the comfortable depth that these vehicles can handle... I believe the owners manual suggests nothing more than mid wheel.
I’ve had water level mid grille and to the hood for short distance. We crossed 5 different areas this trip and this on was the only one I could safely drop my wife off and back across to do it again while she got video. A couple were mid door and one was deeper than I wanted. The key is knowing how to enter, the speed at which to work, and not being a pansy. If you want to play expect to pay sooner or later.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lumberjack

Lumberjack

Reaction score
If you are only getting groceries, then you are missing out on a lot of fun. Show me another vehicle that does better at taking 6 adults to the middle of nowhere to have a picnic lunch with no one else around while you look out over the canyons.

By the way, nice three-wheel shot, that's a winner.
Thanks

Benztech

Reaction score
I like your style. I went wheeling with my Titan 10 plus years ago. Stalled for several minutes with water halfway up the doors. Dried it out and changed fluids. Still driving it to this day.