2018 expedition 10 speed transmission shift points causing engine to lug

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
M

marcus4

Reaction score
I should have also added that the transmission shift points are right were they should be when in sport mode. We only have the problem in normal mode.
I will try to reset on forscan tomorrow

callwill

Reaction score
I should have also added that the transmission shift points are right were they should be when in sport mode. We only have the problem in normal mode.
It seems to that if you think sport mode has the shift points you like, keep it in sport mode. Realize, that to meet government requirements things like shift points are programmed to meet those parameters especially in Normal mode. I have a buick that has ruined 2nd gear because it just wouldnt want to downshift to 1st when moving slow like a rolling stop unless you put the pedal to the floor. You might want to explore what some of the special tranny tuning/programming can do. Search for HP Tuners threads on this forum.

Mr Big

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My driving habits change, depending on traffic, location, trips, etc. and I find the tranny will shift and downshift differently over time. So, I routinely reset and relearn using ForScan.
Another member said he turned off the learn process, using ForScan, but I didn't really want to do that, at least not yet. It's not time consuming to hook up the laptop and perform the procedure from time to time, as I only do it maybe every 6 months.