2020 Ford Expedition at stop light engine dies

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

watsonsf

Reaction score
When I am at a stop sign my engine dies. When I turn off the auto start button it does not happen. So has to be tied to that. What might be causing this and what is the repair?

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
When I am at a stop sign my engine dies. When I turn off the auto start button it does not happen. So has to be tied to that. What might be causing this and what is the repair?

Have the vehicle scanned for any stored trouble codes.

I’d bet the issue lies with your battery and/or terminals and connectors.

Others on this forum have reported an issue with stalling and the stop-start system when the battery begins to weaken.

FI300

Reaction score
I had this issue on the 21 and they applied an update that seemed to resolve the issue. Not long after that the battery failed. It does seem to be battery related but there may be an update that address this issue.

Expoxone

Reaction score
2ca4bc3c-d8ae-4d51-8c62-8b1cc95e3594-1_all_15.jpg
Does it do this?
This is mine during an auto start malfunction. The vehicle tried to start and failed. I think it's a timing related problem. The idle on the engine seems rough, so we are taking it to the dealership to have them fix it. I think (this is me talking), that it's the vvt solenoids...
There is this too:
Thread 'TSB 23-2143 - 2018-2020 Expedition/Navigator built on or before 11/30/2019 - 3.5L EcoBoost - Cold Start Ticking/Tapping/Rattle, Possible No Restart...'