2022 Expedition - Schedule for production ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tripoli

Reaction score
I ordered a Stealth Performance MAX with most of the bells and whistles on 3/24. No VIN yet. Priority 19. The CS rep told me it's listed as unscheduled, awaiting parts. No ETA. Said it could be "several weeks" before I hear anything.

rob4092xx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mine Is also in storage waiting on a chip. I sure hope it isn’t sitting in a dirt lot somewhere or a train station collecting rust dust.

caplanm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
They have rented space at places like racetracks, former malls, etc. to park these vehicles. These are Super-Duty PU's built at Kentucky Truck (the plant that Produces Expeditions) waiting for parts.
1649191387896.png

29twonine

Full Access Members
Reaction score
They have rented space at places like racetracks, former malls, etc. to park these vehicles. These are Super-Duty PU's built at Kentucky Truck (the plant that Produces Expeditions) waiting for parts.
View attachment 72863

Hopefully they're aware that it's thunderstorm season!!!! I guess there aren't many other options, but dang, one hail storm away from an even bigger mess!!

BravoAlpha

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I thought the same thing when I saw the thousands of F150’s outside in Kansas City last year

One giant insurance claim…might do them a favor …in the short term.

caplanm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Seeing those pickups being parked, waiting for parts, makes me wonder what the quality of these units will be like, once these vehicles are retrofitted. It's not like in an assembly line environment where everything is done in a very controlled manner. That being said, I can't blame Ford for any poor planning or poor decisions, resulting in this environment. Over the last 30 years, manufacturing companies, autos and others, have moved to lean and just in time stocking and delivery of components. Now, it seems that this whole strategy has backfired. Just in time delivery of raw materials, is now killing the manufacturing sector. Now, we don't have enough truck drivers, trailers and rail box cars to get raw materials to final assembly points. The 'far east' has a major percentage of the chip manufacturers. But, it is not only chips. Many of the vehicles produced at KTP are waiting for things like basic wiper motors. This is a problem that extends to all manufacturing companies.

rpw2021

Reaction score
To be clear, the photo posted above is from May 2021. I'm sure the situation is similar this year, but that's an old (viral) photo.

My Limited Max (ordered 11/10/21) is "built" (3/24/22) and now stashed somewhere in some parking lot in Kentucky, awaiting parts. Argh.

treill2

Reaction score
I have to say that this entire ordering process has made me lose faith in Ford. I currently own a 22 Bronco and a 19 Expedition. I ordered a new Expedition on 11/2. I knew that it would be a bit of a wait but this has been truly ridiculous. It is not that there are production delays, given the issues in the world I expected delays, it is more about the lack of communication or ability to get any real information on the production. I received and email on 2/3 that my car was being built the week of 2/14. Starting mid Feb., the Ford tracker tool listed in production. For weeks the status stayed the same. I made calls to the Ford marketing center and my dealer and they had no further information. On 3/14 the in production date changed to 3/14. It has remained in this status for three weeks now. I contacted my dealer and their system showed that the truck would be delivered between 3/30 and 4/5. Last week I called the marketing center and twice I was told that the Hold status would be lifted and the truck would be shipped this week. As of today, the truck is still in a hold status. Now I am hearing that they are removing options and sending vehicles out incomplete. I have asked for a supervisor call back numerous times. The marketing center states that a supervisor will call back within 48 hours. I have never received a call back. I have called the Ford executive office and have been put into a voicemail box at least 3 different times. The message states that someone will call back within 1 business day, no call ever received. All I want to know is 1.) when will the parts be in to finish my truck? 2.) will I receive a complete (finished) vehicle or will there be items that will be left of with a promise to finish later? If I receive the answers to my questions then I can make a decision if I want to wait or move on to another vehicle from another manufacturer. Ford customer service is terrible. I have worked for large multinational corporations for my entire career and have never seen such a ridiculous customer experience. There is no one, Ford Dealer, Ford Marketing Center, Executive Offices, etc. that can provide any information to allow customers to make informed decisions.

Also, Ford is allowing vehicles to slip out of the factory into the hands of dealers. These are not special order vehicles that a consumer has not picked up but rather stock orders for dealerships. These dealer inventory cars are being sold for over MSRP. Ford knows about it and is condoning it. The general view on this forum seems to be oh well I guess I will just have to wait and put up with the horrible customer service. If that is the choice of the customer that is ok. My patience is wearing thin. I don't know how much longer I can support a company that shows a complete lack of consideration for its customers. This is more than just a parts issue, this is an overall management breakdown.