2022 Timberline Stock Tire Issues - Recommendation For New Tire Type?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MAC1

Reaction score
I have used the Sumitomo Encounter HT almost since new, it is an E rated tire for towing, great tires, long lasting, very durable and stable if towing.

Left Coast Geek

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Interesting that you should say that, since the Wrangler SR-A's on my 011 have over 75k on them (mixed use) and still have a good bit of tread left and only 1 developed a vey slow leak, which I corrected with Fix-A-Flat 2 years ago, notttaproblemo since then...

the 18" OE Wranglers I have are from an F150 'appearance package', are the GOODYEAR WRANGLER TERRITORY AT. Classic 'cheap OE sorta-all-terrain' tires. they don't have very good traction, even dry pavement.

Broncoholic

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm thinking about trying the Continental TerrainContact AT tire next time. Tread looks more highway oriented but the sidewall appears decently aggressive looking. I've been really happy with the Toyo AT3 I have on my F150 though, seem better in the rain than the KOs

Ours is not a Timberline, but we went with Continental Terrain Contact AT on our Expedition. Semi-aggressive tread but no road noise and long tread life warranty. Probably overkill for the desert, but doing some road tripping to CO later this month
I've had Terrain Contacts since Dec 2021 and I've been very happy with them. I have lift and 315/70R17's, but 98% of my driving is on the road, so I focused my search on a tread that would be good in Florida's rains. These have not disappointed.

edwin2514532

Reaction score
My 2007 expedition el came with scorpion tires. I have replace them once . I have been happy with them and I have 125k miles on the vehicle and luckly never have had a flat tire with those tires.