2024 AC blowing cool not cold

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

randizzle817

Reaction score
Wanting to see if I could get some advice. I have a 2024 limited expedition and the AC just blows cool, not cold. I’m in Texas and it’s hot. If the car has been sitting outside it takes a solid 30 minutes to cool down. At 110° here I’m soaked after driving for 10 minutes. The seat coolers which I assume run off the AC also take a long time to cool down. Eventually it does get to a comfortable temp with front and back on full blast at max AC. I took it into the dealership and they did a leak test and made sure the refrigerant was full which according to them it was. They acknowledged that it is not blowing as cold as it should and even said this is a common problem they are and they don’t have a solution. He recommended I call ford which I did and they just said to take it to another dealer. Also, I’ve lived in Texas my whole life and dealt with this heat with probably 20 different cars and never had this issue. Ironically this is the nicest car I’ve ever owned. My question is has anyone else experienced this issue with current gen expedition and if so, what did you do to fix it? Thanks in advance.

S20Workstation4

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I haven't experienced this issue before, but I would stick a thermometer in the front vents, and check the temperature of the air coming out, while idling and while driving. A thermometer used for cooking meat will work. The Temp should be somewhere between 38 and 45 degrees Fahrenheit. (You can stick a thermometer in the rear vents as well, optional though)

When you test the temperature on idle, make sure the car has been sitting for at least 12 hours. The time is crucial to follow because you live in Texas. Run the engine after 12 hours and put it on MAX A/C, and monitor the temperature for around 10 minutes.

In a normal scenario, if you drive the car around a bit, then wait 2 hours and then drive it again, it is normal to have poor A/C Cooling on Idle. This is because the Condenser sits right in front of the radiator, and the heat from the coolant heats up the refrigerant inside the Condenser. On idle, you're relying on the 2 electric fans to bring air through the condenser, which it doesn't do as good of a job as driving it (with air coming through a 40mph).

Test it while driving; driving a normal 30/40mph, or highway speeds.
Record the temperature readings and then try bringing that to the dealer and see what they say.

-Joe

OP
OP
R

randizzle817

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I can definitely do the thermometer to quantify the issue and get indisputable data but my concern is that whatever the issue is will still be the issue and the dealership is not able to determine that. I don’t know if the dealership tested the air temp out of the vents (I asked them to) but it’s undeniable to the touch. I am taking it back in this morning but I don’t get a great feeling in talking to them. Was hoping to give them a solution that had worked for others