2020 AC Not Blowing Cold

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Went to AutoZone and replaced the battery today. Still no cold air

You said earlier that you charged the original battery (that died). Did your jump-start the vehicle’s engine when it had a dead battery (perhaps causing electrical damage)? Have you scanned the vehicle for any stored trouble codes?

LegalBrief

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The trucks have AGM batteries, once they are completely discharged they have to be replaced. Some weird test manufacture requires takes 4 hours if your trying to get it under warranty. If you want software updates the AGM must test above 50%, or update won’t run, that mean you may get a new battery as part of the software update. @ERNursebev72 go to dealer, you are at or near end of your warranty, you won’t fix this yourself.

GaryH

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Is the AC compressor clicking on and off rapidly every few seconds?

Galaxieman

Reaction score
Just had a very similar issue: 2019 Max Limited. Went on vacation for 10 days, battery wasn't fully discharged, but after it sat for the 10 days the AC blew external temp air. Checked blend door operation by switching to heat, and it blows HOT, so that's not the issue. Checked the refrigerant at the low-side port and it read low, so I put part of a 12-oz can of R1234YF in, and it's up in the green for pressure, but still only blowing 'cool(ish)', vice ice-cold like it did when we parked it.

Next steps for me, and what you might look into:
-I have a set of A/C line gauges on order, so I'll be able to see the static pressure on both sides when the compressor isn't on, then both the high and low pressures when the compressor is on. Gauge on the fill adapter shows ~110psi on the low side w/o the compressor on, and ~40psi (mostly guessing since the gauge isn't marked very well) on the low side with the compressor running. I went ahead and ordered the gauges so I can check both sides simultaneously when the compressor kicks on to see if it's over-filled.
-I need to check on the active vent shutter operation to see if they're staying stuck closed when the truck is on. With zero air-flow, it would pretty much kill any ability of the radiator or condenser to dissipate heat.

Interested to see what other steps you take to see if any of them fix the problem.

willtd14

Reaction score
Random temp fix it happens on my 2018. What works best for me is turning the rear AC on even if no one is there and front AC runs cooler. Sometimes randomly driving the AC gets really cold!