99 5.4l 4r100 stays in second

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Anitomical

Reaction score
I have a 99 expedition that doesnt seem to want to shift out of second gear. I believe it to be a 4r100 trans and there are days where it'll shift into 3rd but immediately shift back into second, if i let off the gas and get back on it around 40-45mph it just acts like its in neutral and when it gets to 39 it kicks back in again. It has a P0750 code which is shift solenoid a and sometimes a P0705 code shows up. So i decided to take the TRS (or whatever its called) plug out and sprayed it with electrical cleaner. I took it down the road and not only did it shift smoother than it ever has before but it went into 3rd and 4th no problem, but after about 3-5 minutes its starts acting up. It randomly wanders through 2nd 3rd and 4th nonstop so i let off, and when i get back on it, it wont shift into 3rd and 4th again.
This post was from 1st gen but i didnt know there was a forum for the drivetrain