Second Trans Rebuild, what the heck!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
J

Jettix2

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Dealer confirmed trans is “toast” and they’re getting approval from ford to install a factory reman transmission Should have update by end of week

OP
OP
J

Jettix2

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Dealer confirmed trans is “toast” and they’re getting approval from ford to install a factory reman transmission Should have update by end of week
New factory crate transmission is on order. Expected in about 2 weeks, with another week or two to get it back in the shop. Dealer has only 1 trans tech and he’s swamped. I’ve got the car back and am driving it in the meantime.

I really feel like it needs cam phasers or something engine/timing wise, but they can’t diagnose that until the trans is fixed. Normally I would just trade it in and walk away at this point, but I’m almost $10,000 upside down in the car beside the market has dropped so much in the last 6 months. I don’t want to be rid of it *that* bad so I’m not sure what I’ll do once it’s fixed.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dhmurphy1960