Yep, new/rebuilt tranny at 40K miles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thats awesome that they are going to let u drive it until they are ready for it and they diagnosed the cdf drum quickly. Sounds like a good service dept. Good luck
Agreed, pretty luck i'd say. if I didn't leave mine, knowing it wouldn't even get looked at for 2 weeks, they would have given up my spot in line. UNREAL

bocabimmer

Reaction score
Agreed, pretty luck i'd say. if I didn't leave mine, knowing it wouldn't even get looked at for 2 weeks, they would have given up my spot in line. UNREAL
I didn’t even ask, they wanted to do that. I just got the call today to bring it back Tuesday morning. 2-3 day turnaround time, and he mentioned a loaner.

Let’s hope the actual rebuild goes as smooth.

MHEXP

Reaction score
I’d bet Ford will not approve a full replacement - but will require a rebuild by the dealer.

Let us know what happens.
Dropped off today. They have 3 in front of mine. Asked for 2 days to test and verify. Since this will be second rebuild they are going to push for new. I am not holding my breath. Will keep you posted. Funny note last dealer didn’t show that they reflashed the trans at least 2 times. Current dealer thought that was odd not to show that work. They are not going to bother with that and go right rebuild or replace

OP
OP
J

Jskane125

Reaction score
Well .. 400 miles later (mostly pulling camper) no issues. It drives much better. That's the good news.

On another front - We got a flat on the way up to NY. My wife and changed it on the PA turnpike. Then when we got to our camp, there was a Goodyear Shop about an hour away. We dropped it off to get 4 new tires (that I needed anyway). We went with our friend in their car to Lake Placid. Got back, and went to Goodyear to pay and pickup the Expo.

The dealer left the car unlocked on their lot, and about $500.00 in tools and other items were stolen. They emptied the console and my toolbag in the back. Lost the camper pressure monitor, backup camera, flashlights, double drill set, ratchet set, ane a bunch of small tools and stuff I usee for the camper when needed.

Didn't think I had to empty, though I did thankfully remove my 700W portable generator. Lesson learned. I got into it with the dealer when he claimed that they check the locks every night. It was clearly not locked. Nothing that shows forced entry. I told him that perhaps it was an inside deal. He didn't like that.

The shop had no external security cameras. I know have a police report and an open case with Goodyear Corporate. Perhaps I'll get some $$ back.

Thus far, the transmission is smooth and much better to drive. A full rebuild.