99 Expedition 62k original miles... Thoughts?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordWask

Reaction score
Found a 99 EB wIth 62k miles on it

I drive a 04 f150 so I think the gas mileage is similar

I read the what to look for thread. I've been looking for a second gen, but this seems like a nice 99 - crazy or a good idea?

Or is this the amount of mileage combined with the age where everything starts breaking?

Thanks

Last edited:

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If the rest of the vehicle looks to be low mileage, I say put some gas in it and drive the snot out of it.

jlo82585

Full Access Members
Reaction score
my expedition has 152k miles on it and it has yet to strand me, I have put a lot of money into it but that is because the prior owners didnt and let part after part fail. luckily for them the broken parts were non-essential, un-lucky for me who want to make the truck as close to new as possible. i would say an expedition with 62k is more or less an infant.. if the body is good pick it up. If you are worried by the lack of "tech" type features then do what I did and buy an aftermarket radio with all the features the new trucks have.

BAD RONALD

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Time is by far the worst enemy of my '01. Esp here in New England. It's a bummer seeing this otherwise durable truck dissolve.

High mileage wouldn't concern me as much as poor overall condition. Low mileage doesn't impress as much as low exposure to corrosion.

z168

Full Access Members
Reaction score
assuming all the above concerns on condition and possible neglect are addressed, I like the look of the 1st gen than the 2nd

reece146

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Found a 99 EB wIth 62k miles on it

I drive a 04 f150 so I think the gas mileage is similar

I read the what to look for thread. I've been looking for a second gen, but this seems like a nice 99 - crazy or a good idea?

Or is this the amount of mileage combined with the age where everything starts breaking?

Thanks

Is this the truck in Markham? I was eyeing that on kijiji.

98EXPnSRQ

Full Access Members
Reaction score
62k is barely broken in. If it looks to be true mileage and the price is right, jump on it.